Unemployment 101 Complimentary Webinar with CareerSource Tampa Bay CEO John Flanagan
Following our live Unemployment 101 Webinar, we want to #ShineItForward™ by providing a complete complimentary recording of our presentation. Click here to learn more about Florida’s unemployment process from Spread Your Sunshine’s guest John Flanagan, CEO of CareerSource Tampa Bay.
Need Some Additional Resources Sunshine?
To learn more about the resources discussed during this webinar, the following are links to Florida’s Unemployment website and additional helpful resources you may need:
- FL Department of Economic Opportunity ("DEO") Unemployment Website to File A Claim
- If you have not filed for unemployment, use this site
- FL DEO CONNECT Website
- Use this site to log-on to view your existing claim
- This site works if you applied on the new website or the older version
- Florida Unemployment Guide
- FL DEO Reemployment Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- FL DEO COVID-19 Resources for Employers and Individuals
- This source has resources for individuals, employers, and communities
- Reemployment Assistance Information & Links
- Please note that Florida renamed “Unemployment Compensation” to Reemployment Assistance
- Job Postings
- For Employers
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (“EIDL”) and Loan Advance Program, SBA Debt Relief, Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”), Short-Time Compensation Program, and many more
- Community Development Block Grant Funding
- CareerSource Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay Times Unemployment Benefits FAQ
- DEO Phone Help Line: 1-800-204-2418
Note that Independent Contractors, Self-Employed Individuals & Gig Economy Workers Can Apply!
Although independent contractors, self-employed individuals and gig economy workers have traditionally been ineligible for unemployment, the passage of the CARES Act on March 27, 2020 was historic in that for the first time, such workers are deemed eligible for such benefits. To apply, visit the FL DEO unemployment application website as instructed above.
© 2020 Spread Your Sunshine, LLC