Lift & Be Uplifted with Miss Florida Citrus 2020 Leila Sabet
Episode 7 of the Spread Your Sunshine Podcast & Social Media Show features Guest Expert Miss Florida Citrus 2020 Leila Sabet, who discusses Increasing the Influence of Women and Equality in the Professional World.
Featured Guest Leila Sabet
Experiencing ethnic- and cyber-bullying in high school as a result of being Iranian helped prepare this Miss Florida 2018 Top 5 Finalist for thriving in a male-dominated environment at Amazon as a Manager in Operations coaching a team of more than 100 associates. Succeeding has required mentorship, an authentic leadership style, and an alternative definition of “failure.” Listen to Episode 7 to learn how Leila is shifting executive culture and changing cultural habits.
Key Discussions with Leila
Listen to Episode 7 to learn about:
- Overcoming ethnic- and cyber-bullying.
- The importance of building and maintaining strong relationships with trusted mentors, including mentors who are different than you, such as those of the opposite sex.
- Thriving by being your authentic self.
- Utilizing your social and emotional intelligence to increase your leadership capabilities.
- How to reframe your definition of “failure” – there are no losses, just lessons.
Leila’s Advice for Creating Immediate Positive Change
- Redefine “Failure”: Do not let something that did not go as originally planned stop you from pursuing your dreams. Everyone faces challenges during their journey. Use those experiences as opportunities to learn and use that knowledge in the future.
- Know Who YOU Are & Value Your Authentic Self: Oftentimes, we act, lead and/or work in a way that we think others expect of us. Not only may we have misinterpreted third-party intentions, we only perform our best when we are true to ourselves instead of an alter ego made up to conform to “societal norms.” It is therefore important to analyze who you are at your core and act accordingly. You will make your greatest impact when you honor *you* and your true strengths.
- Surround Yourself with Awesomeness: The five people with whom you spend the most time have the greatest influence on you. Did you choose wisely? Do those people mentor, uplift and support you? If so, that’s amazing – you’ve found your cheerleaders who will help you shine your brightest. If not, however, make the changes that are necessary so that the people who are closest to you help you achieve your greatest potential.
Full Show Materials
Connect with Leila
Connect with Spread Your Sunshine
Can't get enough of this Episode? Totally understandable. Share it and tag Spread Your Sunshine on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. We love working together, as with you, we shine our brightest.
© 2021 Spread Your Sunshine, LLC